Currently, Facebook is still the most effective channel in social media advertising networks globally, with users reaching 1.84 billion people every day. Thirty-five million people update their status on Facebook every day. 4 million is the number of likes users use on Facebook every minute. 2/3 of Internet users on this planet have a Facebook account (60.6%).
Therefore, Facebook ads bring a considerable amount of interaction. The conversion rate from click to order on a Facebook ad campaign is many times higher than other electronic advertising channels.
You can have an ad account under $10 a day, start a Facebook advertising campaign, and get profitable. Optimizing Facebook ads will boost business revenue a lot. Below, our SEO agency would like to provide information to help you optimize your Facebook advertising for maximum cost savings and maximum profit.
Why Use Facebook Ads?
According to statistics published by Facebook:
- 87.1% is the percentage of US businesses using Facebook marketing.
- 44% is the percentage of users who think that Facebook influences their shopping behavior.
- 80 million is the number of pages on Facebook.
- 90 million is the number of small businesses that use Facebook marketing.
- 57% of businesses find it practical to promote products and services on Facebook.
The numbers above show that Facebook dominates the social network and is the most popular social media platform. With a vast interaction rate, as long as your brand appears on Facebook, it will receive the attention of many users. However, to appear in front of the most suitable target audience, the Facebook ad manager needs to use the Facebook Ads account as an indispensable weapon.
With billions of users online, having a Facebook ad account and optimizing ads will help you reach the most relevant targets in just a few clicks, generate sales, and drive profits for your business.
What is the goal of an ad campaign?
Creating a Facebook ads campaign has many goals, from increasing brand awareness to increasing app installs and traffic.
- Awareness – Generate interest in a business’ product, service, or Facebook page.
- Brand Awareness – Advertise to make more people aware of your brand or drive more traffic to your website.
- Reach – If you want your ad to show to a large audience, this is the right goal.
- Consideration – Capture your audience’s attention and get them to start thinking about your business.
- Install apps – If your product is a mobile app, the goal is probably to get more people to use your new mobile app.
- Video Views – Facebook may push video ads to your target audience to get as many viewers as possible.
- Lead Generation – Ads will ask target customers to fill in their details quickly, using an autofill system.
- Messages – Let your existing customers interact with you through a dedicated Messenger app or Facebook page.
- Conversions – Campaigns are optimized to increase sales or signups on your website and Facebook page.
Why Run a Facebook ads campaign
- Reasonably priced, significantly lower than other ad types.
- Increase awareness, reach your custom audience to introduce your products and services.
- Increase the number of times your custom audiences see your brand.
- Measurable: Metrics in your ad account include how many clicks, impressions, and conversions your campaign generated.
What is the ad checklist of a Facebook campaign?
The Facebook marketing checklist below will help to create effective online advertising for your brand.
(1) Set up Facebook Pixel to properly track your new Facebook ads
The Facebook Pixel is a small piece of code. Once added to your website will allow you to track how visitors interact with your website and link that interaction to your new Facebook ads.
Facebook Pixel tracking functions include measurement and optimization. First, with Facebook Pixel measurement functionality, Facebook offers to track conversions and use your specific audience insights to aggregate demographic, geographic, and buying behavior data. The pixel makes sure you show the suitable ads to the right audience based on the click create by audiences. You can retarget the audiences that have visited your website and find new people similar to your customers rated as most loyal (using the lookalike audiences feature).
This optimal method on ads helps you start advertising and build long-term, effective relationships with audiences.
(2) Choose the right marketing objectives
When you set up a new campaign, the first step you should determine campaign goals. Choosing the right campaign objective throughout your ad run is essential to decide your ad sets delivery for the best results.
The advertising objective is divided into three apparent columns, targeting three groups:
• Cold Traffic
• Warm Traffic (Consideration)
• Hot Traffic (Conversion)
It would help if you learned the essential Facebook ads checklist. Many experienced advertisers make the rudimentary mistake: Target joins Cold Traffic and hopes they close the deal. For people who don’t know your business/product/service (cold traffic), you should choose the Brand Awareness objective, find a way to turn them into Warm Traffic.
(3) Select and segment the appropriate audience
Not many of you take advantage of the features of the Facebook Business Manager Insight Audience tool to optimize ads analysis. It will help you find out what “keywords” lead to user buying behavior.
It would be futile to continue delivering the same ad image to someone already on the “converting” list. These leads should be moved to the next stage of the marketing funnel and targeted for newer messages or photo ads.
(4) Using Multiple Facebook Ad Formats
We tried to do an analytical study on how Facebook ad frequency affects click-through rates. Customer cost-per-click and cost-per-conversion in Facebook ad campaigns.
The more times people see the ad set, the more boring it will be for the audience to receive the ad. After the custom audience has viewed the Facebook ad four or more times, the cost per click will increase significantly.
So, how to optimize Facebook ad campaigns to avoid annoying viewers?
First, you’ll create dynamic product ads with different designs. Then run campaigns with various ad sets; manage and schedule each ad set to run on another day of the week. By running these low-cost collection ads, the ads will be less repetitive and more effective.
This effective way to optimize the right ad format is essential for remarketing campaigns to reach a small group of customers. In that case, the audience may see your landing pages a few times per day. That means you should be more careful so that your strategy doesn’t show the same ad type repeatedly.
(5) Optimization for ad placements and locations
For the ads checklist, placement has a significant impact on costs.
- Start logging in to the Ads Manager.
- Use the Analytics menu to analyze your campaigns by Placement.
- To identify the highest performing ad placements: First, you access the Facebook Ads Manager report and then use the breakdown menu bar, select “by placement” to check the ad activity by each location device.
- You also can turn on the ad automatic placements on your business manager page.
Explicit directions to your business with the Get Directions button: Facebook’s local awareness advertising policies can help companies find their target customers around. You can target people who live a certain distance from your business or just target people in the local area. Since the related content primarily appeals to small businesses, it is one of the most accessible content formats to create by Facebook marketers.
(6) Bidding and Budget Optimization
Choose a bid strategy that aligns with your goals. Two ways to approach spending your budget are: standard delivery and accelerated delivery.
We all know Facebook decides which relevant content to advertise based on bids and performance. However, manual bidding is more complicated. If you don’t understand, I recommend you enable Automatic Pricing.
If set manually, the key metrics are:
- Cost limits
- Target cost
- Optimize Ads with the smallest ROAS value
- Highest value
- Payment details
So what are your strategy’s goals?
- The cost per conversion you want to spend to be profitable
- Actual cost per conversion or maximum cost per conversion
- Experience in testing each specific strategy.
However, there are a few factors to note in your ads checklist:
- Cost limits will be more flexible depending on your campaign level
- You should only apply a price cap if you need to tighten your costs
- Don’t forget to double-check results from older campaigns before setting a bid.
(7) Creatively design your ad
Use all the frames in Carousel ads to create a large, engaging image
A carousel ad allows you to include offers of up to 10 cards. Each card has its photo or video optimized into an ad. You can use Carousel’s format to showcase a range of products or different benefits of the same product.
To be effective with this method, you can add a “Buy Now” or call-to-action button under each image. For each such button, a link to the purchase page is added.
Use subtitles to optimize videos without sound.
There are more than 85% of Facebook video views with the sound turned off. However, click create captions under each promotional video can increase average watch time by 12%. You can use Facebook’s automatic captioning tool to caption your promotional videos automatically.
(8) A/B split test
One of the most important parts of Facebook ads checklist optimization is figuring out which ads perform the best. The method of optimizing ads by A/B testing will help you realize the above process.
However, the A/B trick can’t check everything!
Here are some creative assets of your ad that will have the most significant impact on click-through and conversion rates:
- Design of the advertisement
- Sample title
- Preferential value to mention in advertising
- Call-to-action selection buttons
- Bidding method
- Campaign objective
- Account name
- Payment method
(9) Analyze your data
Likes and shares under organic posts and ads are the most evident proof of the marketing campaign’s effectiveness launched by the advertising events manager. To set up Facebook ads, you will have two choices to optimize for running ads: create new ads or use existing posts to run by yourself. Of these, creating a new account and run a new campaign are usually the default choice. But the method of optimizing advertisement by using your newly re-posted posts will be more effective. Specifically, running campaigns for newly published articles makes it easy for businesses to collect interaction from users.
Likes and shares gradually increase in each campaign. The easiest way to set up multiple ad campaigns for the same post is to publish the bar on your fan page. You’ll then choose which position to post as a test or final for each ad campaign run.
(10) Optimize your ad schedule on Facebook
Can your campaigns run 24/7? Is it reaching the custom audience regardless of the time of day or night?
I’ve noticed that some date and time milestones consistently outperform the rest when analyzing your accounts. I call these “golden hours for copywriting”. That’s when your ads are performing the best, with conversion rates significantly increased and CPA rates at their lowest.
To determine that time frame, first, you access the Facebook Ads Manager report. Then use the breakdown menu bar, select “by day” to check the information of ad activity by day.
In addition, the check custom audience tool helps users identify precisely what time of day (in actual display time zone or your account’s time zone) performs best based on critical KPIs. Make sure your campaign runs only during the hours of the day that get the most engagement and improve brand recognition.
Another reason for optimizing the schedule is to reduce Ad Frequency; that is, people will not have to see your brand too often, avoiding boredom for viewers.
When used correctly, optimizing the Facebook Ads checklist as part of your marketing strategy will give you many benefits, like generating high-quality traffic and generating more profits. However, to make the most of your earnings, you need to optimize your Facebook Ads well and appropriately – and the easy and practical Facebook marketing checklist mentioned above can help you do this. You also can click here (Offpage SEO) or leave your phone numbers below for more advanced information.